Wow. I am so excited to see God raising up people to reach the GLBT community. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted with the typical Christian response to the gay life. I can't, for the life of me understand why we, as Christians, need to be so demeaning to our brothers and sisters struggling in this area of life.
I've been praying for many years for God to raise up someone eloquent and moving enough to lead masses out of this lifestyle. Someone who can affect a change, not only in the gay community, but in the heterosexual community as well. Maybe this is it, America!
Here's a comment I posted in response on the Venus Magazine Blog. [direct link]
Take a look at the links following my post.
------------------------------------------------------
Comment # 101
Charlene & DL, I hope you both read this…
I am not homosexual nor have I ever struggled with homosexual desires. I do, however, have several friends who have embraced the lifestyle. Now as a youth leader, I am broken by the sheer numbers of teens experimenting in their sexuality all because “it’s normal to be curious.” When I talk to teens from my past ministries and my present group, I am astonished at the amount of information they are being fed by our schools regarding same sex exploration.
My compassion for the gay community began many years ago when my best Christian friend and accountability partner turned to the lifestyle. I was so heartbroken for her. I could not even begin to understand. But I saw in her so much pain from her past (all of which led her to homosexuality) and the pain was intensified once she took the step into this new world. I tried to be there for her, but she was determined to believe that I saw her as less of a person. Then, her “therapist” taught her that she was indeed created this way and later seduced her. She eventually rejected my love for her, insisting that deep down I really hated her. Eventually, I moved away and, to my surprise, wound up in a job where 80% of the guys were gay. Oh, how they hated me because I was a Christian! But in time, they began to see that I loved them, my friends, deeply. They could see that I considered myself as nothing different from them. They knew up front that I did not and would not support the choice of their lifestyle, but in due time they began to be drawn to me. Not me, really, but Christ in me. I was never preachy to them, I was, as they said, their girl. Eventually, one of my friends revealed that I was the first Christian that was ever nice to him. My heart broke so completely. We had a good cry together as he got a tiny bit of healing as I apologized for all the Christians before me and all those after me who were selfish and unloving.
These guys (and gal) are always on my heart. They live such defeated lives because of the many lies of the enemy. Over the last 15 years I have been praying for someone, perhaps like the two of you, Charlene & DL, to have the right words or be eloquent in the ways that America needs in order to lead people and change the hearts of millions. Change the hearts of homosexuals by revealing the one Truth, Jesus. And change the hearts of heterosexuals towards our struggling brothers and sisters. Now that I know this new chapter in the GLBT life, I will pray more specifically for you both.
God be with you and raise you up as an example Christ’s true and unfailing love!
Kara
Comment by Kara — July 7, 2007 @ 12:40 am
------------------------------------------------------
Couple of things...
1. Check out Venus Magazine's new mission statement (wow)
2. Article: Redeemed! 10 Ways to Get Out of the Gay Life, If You Want Out
3. Article: Only God Brings Us Out of the Closet
4. Resource page for those Looking for Deliverance
5. Resource page for Parents of Gays & Lesbians
6. What do have to say about all this?
Friday, July 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment